Above Ground pool Ladder for handicapped individual

Hi, welcome to TFP! Have you considered building a small deck for pool access? You could customize it as needed, and you could use wedding cake steps for the inside of the pool.

Hi there and welcome!

My grown daughter is an above the knee amputee due to bone cancer and the best thing you can do is build a set of stairs with a railing and small landing space/deck at the top.
Attach the pool steps to the landing space/deck.

A ladder will not work, you need steps - one legged peeps will invariably find it impossible to hop up a ladder, still a hard task with a prosthetic limb.

I have a deck like this next to my above ground

IMG_5153.JPG

You could install cake steps on the inside. The plans are from DeckPlans.com and were free. I only built two sections and added the railing. In hind sight, I would have ordered their railing kits to mount the railing posts, especially if I thought they would be used more for stability, like it sounds like you might.

IMG_5154.JPG

As I am in small yard (relative to many others here) I didn't want my whole deck to be at fence top height so the majority of my deck is much lower. The deck is about 1 foot off the ground except near my concrete patio where it's closer to two feet off the ground. I enjoy the convenience of a deck but the privacy of the fence. As it was made by a contractor, I think it's about as high as it can be without requiring a railing.

IMG_5164.JPG

I have more photos if you would like.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.