Reading Shock-Level FC Numbers

Still working at it. Friday morning I had FC of 14 and CC of 1.0. I added two large jugs of bleach to keep it high while I was away during the day.

The Pool Calculator shows my shock level should be 18 with my CYA of 60. So I'm trying to keep the FC up above that level.

Friday when I got home the FC was 12.5 and the CC 0.5. I wanted to get it way up there so it wouldn't drop down below the shock level again. I added 3 jugs of bleach last night and tested again before I went to bed. FC was 26 and the CC 0.5. Before I added the additional bleach I brushed all the walls and vacuumed some. Also moved out the wedding-cake steps and scrubbed behind them.

This morning by 11am the FC was 16.5 and the CC 0.5. So something in there eating up my bleach still. Added one more jug. Going to test again now and add bleach again as needed. At least now it's the weekend so I can keep up with it more closely.

The CC seems less than 0.5. I haven't done the more accurate test but at least it only barely turns pink and one drop is certainly enough to turn it clear again.

Please let this water turn clear !

Steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.