noob filter question :x

Jul 4, 2013
Florida
Hello,

We just put in an 18 foot 52"? pool in the backyard (Florida).. (about 7500 gallons) with an SFS 2000 gph pump filter running.. we just added the chlorine and typical beginning stuff.. but i'm already researching better options to add to the filter,.. the two main ones being a sand filter or a saltwater filter.. (links below)

Sand Filter

this is our first big pool like this will chemicals and whatnot.. what is the better option for upgrading this filter we now have that requires replacing the paper filter every 2 or so weeks and not to mention the chlorine chemical adjusting? between the two options above, which do you recommend? or is there a better way to enjoy the pool with the best cost effectiveness..

thank you for your time

Bama Rambler said:
You'd be better off getting the 2650 gph filter and pump. A lot of people have got that one and are very happy with it.
i heard with the sand or saltwater we don't have to use chlorine or the paper filters.. is this an option? i hate to just buy a larger filter and still have to use the paper filters and chemicals as well..

A sand filter completely replaces the paper filters. I highly recommend sand over the small Intex cartridge filters.

There are a couple of different versions of the combo unit with SWG. The better ones have the sand filter, but there is a low end model that has the cheaper paper filters.

The model I'm talking about is the 2650 gph sand filter and pump.
With a sand filter you don't have to have a paper filter.
You can get a swg and it makes the chlorine from the salt, so it still has chlorine, you just don't have to keep adding it on a regular basis.

thanks for all the help.. as i said, this is our first major sized pool.. we just added the shock tonight and the chlorine goes in tomorrow.. but i fear already the problems that will come with keeping up with the water..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.