The right thing to do...

Jul 3, 2013
Hello All!

Here's my situation...

I recently had my pool recoated with Diamond Brite. I have numerous "problems" so I'm looking for expert opinions on a proper solution.

1. The Diamond Brite has an uneven appearance to it. I'm assuming that's because the contractor waited two days to expose the aggregate?

2. There is a tile line marking the start of the deep end. The problem here is that the line is not directly under the anchors for the buoys that go side to side, it's about 30" deeper! I guess this may be a mute point since the anchors have been plastered over!!!

3. All of my inlets, vacuum port, and equalizer ports are no longer flush. I'm thinking that the concrete wasn't properly chipped away before the Diamond Brite was applied?

4. There's a green stain below the equalizer port I'm assuming because the pool was acid/pressure washed and the port wasn't covered (I have copper plumbing)?

5. The rest are small issues but issues just the same such as my bottom drain grate is missing, my Wall Whale is broken, and the 9 bags of Diamond Brite left over are gone.

So, the question is, what should I do? The contractor is coming tomorrow for the balance of his money and is aware of my dissatisfaction. He may want to make it right or not, I don't know. I'm asking you guys for opinions so I have a potential course of action...

Thanks! :cheers:

Dennis

He may and will put a lien on you and you have the right to fight it. If he does this, explain to him that a lawyer will be on his butt so fast that it will make future business very difficult for him. Contacting the attorney general to discuss your lack of satisfaction is highly recommended. Basically, you should also contact another contractor to see how much it would cost to fix the items you mentioned above. That way you have some ammunition when you talk to him and know exactly what he needs to do then to make it right.

Good Luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.