Algae now in pool

May 2, 2013
South Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just got out of the hospital and have about a 12" band of green algae around the top of the pool from the water line downward. I will have my grandkids come tomorrow, ages 7 and 5. They will be leaving Tuesday. I am concerned about the FC level to kill the algae with them in the pool. The recommended amout is about a FC is 20. Is that too much for the kids to get in the pool? If it is, then can someone give me the guidance to keep the algae in check until the kids go home and I can then work on the algae problem

These are the measurements this moring
FC 3 (added cholrine this morning to bring the level up to 13)
CC 0
Ph 8.0
TA 80
CH 230
CYA 50.
Many thanks, lawjohn

It is safe to swim up to the shock value level for your cya. DO NOT put the kiddos in if you can't see the bottom! Brush off all you can or vacuum it to waste before you start the shocking process. MAINTAIN shock level! Run the filter/pump 24/7 until it clears. See the chlorine/cya chart in pool school for shock value. Lower your PH to mid 7's first. Go buy a BUNCH of Bleach!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.