Taylor K-2006 Test Kit Question

New to testing my water but based on recommendations purchased a Taylor K-2006 test kit. When testing the chlorine the directions offer a choice of using either a 10 ml or 25 ml sample. I understand the sample size will determine the drop equivalence but was hoping to get your opinion which sample size will give me a more accurate reading or all else equal is this a non issue? Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Retired084 said:
New to testing my water but based on recommendations purchased a Taylor K-2006 test kit. When testing the chlorine the directions offer a choice of using either a 10 ml or 25 ml sample. I understand the sample size will determine the drop equivalence but was hoping to get your opinion which sample size will give me a more accurate reading or all else equal is this a non issue? Thanks in advance for your opinion.
25 ml sample will give you accuracy plus/minus .2 PPM. 10 ml sample is to .5, which is plenty good for almost everyone. It also saves reagent.

Like Richard said the 10 ml .5 ppm per drop sample size is the right choice for almost everyone, as it is likely you may find over .2 ppm variation from one sample to another depending on where in your pool it was taken.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.