Vacation and Chemicals

May 12, 2009
We are leaving for our vacation and will be gone a week- several questions and concerns that I need help with.

It has rained over 5 inches in 3 days here in East Tn...haven't seen the sun, but hopefully it will be back soon. Pool has been maintained and water level is perfect, all chemicals are correct, etc. I plan on vacuuming the pool really good before we leave and shocking the night before. My main question is can we leave our solar cover on the pool for the 9 days that we are gone? I don't want to come home to a green mess :( I will have a neighbor coming to check on the pool each day and add bleach as needed- or every other day?

I am just not 100% sure about the cover...I think leaving the cover on would be helpful since we have had a lot of rain and that causes lots of leaves/sticks to fall into the pool...at least it would collect on the cover and we could clean off when we get home from vacation.

1. Is Shocking before we leave a good idea?
2. add maintenance bleach every day or other day?
3.Leave solar cover on for 9 days?

Forecast for the week we will be gone is low 80's and MORE RAIN! ugh!
Any advice is greatly appreciated :)
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.