The dinosaur is almost finished!

AprilNC

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Getting close to the end of this ... need to do some sheet metal work today to patch some rust spots. Our goal is that this will last 5 years and then we can decide to leave it if it is doing well, upgrade to something new, or tear it down and have the yard back .... LOL

Any idea what kind of pool this is? It was set up at their house when they moved in and i am guessing it is at least 10 or 15 years old.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    354.1 KB · Views: 583
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    371.2 KB · Views: 584
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    388.1 KB · Views: 584
It is a metal wall AG ... at least that is how it was set up at the previous owners house ... I think it is the faux wood finish on the metal that is throwing you LOL ... the other side is pretty bleached out ... so a white washed faux finish - very upscale LOL!

Yeah, as long as it holds water and doesn't blow out then I could really care less what it looks like. The price was right .. free ... the rest is sweat ... we did purchase sand, new liner, pad, and a few other pieces. We are spending the $ on the deck that will come after this is finished.

I just have to maintain it ... which is why I am so excited to be here ... cause my hubby is convinced that the maintenance is a pain in the rear ... I HAVE to prove him wrong =) I think all of his friends go to the pool store, where as the folks I talk to do the maintenance themselves ... completely different opinions from those 2 sets of people.

Sheet metal work is done ... just need to finish putting bolts in the seam, a bit more taping, smooth out the sand, put down the pad, coving, liner ... and then fill that sucker up!

You'll prove him wrong! Get a TF-100 and bleach and show him how it's done! :mrgreen:

I removed the inside supports and was sweeping to get rid of foot prints etc ... and the whole side fell in ... all out of track ... grrr ... gotta start over again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Back on track now ... or back in the track should I say! Yay ... that takes a large dose of patience!

But now I am at a stand still ... I thought the rest of my supplies would be delivered today ... but turns out they haven't shipped yet ... and without coving it is kind of pointless to do much more now.

Looks like a Doughboy brand oval AG pool to me. I would add some rust arresting paint (Rustoleum?) to the lower wall where you have some small rust spots. You could buy foam cove or build a sand one which I assume caused the rust you have.

just read your cove note...

Water going in!

And this is what hubby came up with for a temporary stair/platform ... I was not impressed ... but I guess it works! ROFL!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    425.7 KB · Views: 237
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    467.9 KB · Views: 236
Sometimes you just have to do what you got to do
"Ugly but Effective" has worked for us numerous times & we've been proud of it.

The pool looks great, it really does. You guys are going to enjoy it tremendously. And once that scaffolding is replaced you'll be able to smile about it. We're still using the "ugly but effective" A-Frame Ladder as we can't decide/ agree upon decking. Our pool went up last year :oops: I said this Christmas I would put it right in the living room and decorate it for the holidays ~ so it could grate on everyone through the winter like it has on me this season. I didn't want to deck it last year. I wanted to make sure my drain was functioning as I wanted it to, I wanted to get my stone down and allow it to settle ~ but this year I wanted us to figure out and build the dern deck ~ no such luck. Hopefully you guys can agree on your landing area with a bit more speed than we have been able to. Until that time I know we have enjoyed our deckless eyesore tremendously. Here's hoping you guys do too :cheers:

You guys really did an awesome job with that. You should be proud :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.