Small Floating Junk

hp223

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2013
Houston, TX
[attachment=0:ex3hzir8]Junk on Surface.JPG[/attachment:ex3hzir8]

I keep seeing small floating junk on the pool surface. Please see the photo above for what it looks like. The pool looks absolutely clear but looking at it with the sun at the right angle you can see the trash. You can also see it at night with the light on. It is definitely just floating on the surface.

The water is so clear you can see the individual pieces of quartz on the pool in the deep end.

My pool was re-plastered on June 19, 2013

FC=5
CC=0
PH=7.5
CYA=35
CA=330
TA=80

I had a 2 speed pump installed at the same time. I am running the pump on low about 16 hours a day. According to the flow meter I got from TFTestkits the pump is moving about 28 gallons per minute in low.

I have a large Live Oak that shades about 40% of the pool most of the day.

I have back washed the filter twice since the pool was re-plastered(when the pressure went up).

Can anyone tell what this might be?

Is this a problem that the pump is not moving the water fast enough or is something wrong with the filter and I need to work on that.

Thanks
Glenn

Attachments

• Junk on Surface.JPG
    Junk on Surface.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 36
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.