Easytouch Night Cool Mode Not Working

Jul 10, 2010
Any Easytouch experts with Solar???

I am having a horrible time getting the night cool mode to work with my solar.

Firmware Verison 2.1 (2.5 years old)
Setup-Solar - Enabled = Yes (p1), Night Mode = yes (p2),
Heat - Pool - Heat = Solar, Max Temp = 86, Set Temp = 84 (I have played with all kinds of temp settings)
Current Pool Temp = 93
Outside Temp when tested = 70 (same for solar temp)
Air, Pool, and Solar temp sensors are working
Solar is setup as instructed on Valve A. (Solar works during the day)
Pump is always on (at least for the test)

The weird thing is, i don't get the Night mode (or Freeze) menu when i am using the keypad on the EasyTouch. I only get it on my indoor keypad. So, Settings - Solar on the Easytouch has 2 pages, where the keypad has 3 pages.

No matter how i play with the settings above, i can't get the solar to trigger at night.

I also would like to know what the difference between Max Temp and Set Temp is.

Set Temp is the temperature that the pool is heated to.
Max Temp is the temperature that the pool is cooled to.
Max Temp needs to be higher than Set Temp.

Cooling should be triggered when cooling is enabled, solar is enabled, the pool water is above Max Temp, the pump is running, and the solar panel temperature sensor is reading at least several degrees below the temperature of the water. From your description, it sounds like it ought to be working, so I don't know exactly what is going wrong.

It must be a firmware issue. I defaulted the panel, and still am not able to get it to work. I have placed resisters on all the sensor inputs to satisfy all criteria. I will contact Pentair when they are open and see if they can help.

One possibility occurred to me. It is sometimes possible for the pump to be turned on, even though the "pump" circuit is not turned on. That is to say that the real world physical pump is on, but the EasyTouch logical pump circuit is turned off. If that is happening, then neither solar heating or solar cooling will activate. This normally only happens when you have a variable speed pump and have an aux circuit programmed with a speed, which forces the real world pump to run, but does not turn on the logical pump circuit (unless it happens to be on for unrelated reasons).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.