Polaris Truck Cleaner

Jul 19, 2007
Katy, TX
Our pool is about 15m old. We have this cleaner set to go 2 hrs a day. No problems with it until about 2 - 3 months ago. It started to get caught up in the hose. This happened every once in awhile and then gradually became worse and wrose so that now it happens 5 days a week. Once it get caught, that is sit. It won't go. Here's pics of what happens:
June08015.jpg

June08016.jpg

We had the pump (intelliflo 4 spd pump)running at about 2700. We thought maybe we needed to up the pump? But it is strange that the pump has been going the same with out a problem until now. Thanks guys. This is aggravating b/c it is not doing it's job.

From the photo, your front wheel drive treads appear to be worn away from the pebble tec. It may be as simple your Polaris is just spinning its wheels and getting no traction. They are easy to "rotate" your treads. Move the rear treads to the the front tires.

While you are switching the treads, turn each front wheel separately. Is the gear driven motor spinning freely when you turn each wheel manually or is the drive gear slipping? If it slips you will have to remove the cover and adjust your drive gear for the slipping wheel. This is very simple by removing a couple of screws from the bottom of the unit and pulling off the top of the Polaris.

It looks to me like you have leaky floats on your feed hose. They can crack and allow water inside, which defeats their purpose. They are supposed to hold the hose up and out of the way of the Polaris as it roams the pool. Also make sure that you have the floats positioned properly on the feed hose. The locations are listed in the owners manual.

Thanks for the suggestions!!! I will do as you all say and check it all out. I also discovered yesterday, as I was trying to get this all figured out, that when the cleaner comes on, the hose connector to the pool slips out some so that it is not getting full pressure. If that makes sence. I tooled around with it and it sorta just pops out when the cleaner comes on. The grooves on the hose connector appear worn. Not sure if that is a replaceable part or if I will have to buy a whole new unit. I'm a little ticked that would become "worn" so quickly and thought that would be something that would have lasted a couple years. Anyway, thanks for the input and I will check those things out!

Andrea, most likely one of the pins is broken on the part in the wall that the Polaris attaches to. They're pretty small and easily damaged. The good news is that it's easy to replace, and not too expensive. $4-5 as I recall. :)

You can just unscrew it from the wall to inspect (or just go in the pool with a mask or goggles and look inside). :)

Thanks! I am about to go swimming so I will check that out too. You all have been a wealth of info. and I appreciate it! ANd you show you what a dummy I am, I have been searching high and low on internet for my cleaner and actually it is a pentair not polaris - duh! So sorry for inconviencing anyone with my lack of knowledge!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.