table showing relationship between pH TA and CO2 outgassing

Re: table showing relationship between pH TA and CO2 outgass

There are at least three colors involved, and I don't see any of them as black. Still, the color most like black means that outgassing will be slow, while the diagonal stripe of brighter red means outgassing will occur at some intermediate rate. While the bottom left darker red means outgassing will proceed rapidly.

JasonLion said:
There are at least three colors involved, and I don't see any of them as black. Still, the color most like black means that outgassing will be slow, while the diagonal stripe of brighter red means outgassing will occur at some intermediate rate. While the bottom left darker red means outgassing will proceed rapidly.

got it, now see 3 colors, have old eyes

am at TA 100 and pH 7.4
if I drop to TA 80 or 70 or 60 to slow down pH rising will I hurt anything?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

The dark color is supposed to be green. The colors delineate <10 (green), 10-20 (orange), >20 (red) which is how much the water is over-carbonated. However, the amount of pH rise is very dependent on the amount of aeration of the water so the color coding is very approximate and mostly for relatively calm pools. We have found that saltwater chlorine generator pools, for example, need a far lower amount of over-carbonation to be more stable in pH, closer to being 3 or less in the table. Finally, the rate of carbon dioxide outgassing is also proportional to the square of the TA level and that is not reflected in the table.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.