Hayward (EUS) fan motor wiring

budgetplan1

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 1, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Need to replace a fan motor in a Hayward/EUS heat pump. Unfortunately, the old motor has 4 wires (+ green) coming out of it while manufacturer specified new motor has only 3 wires (+ green)

Stupid upside down picture; photobucket having some, uh, issues apparently.

Regardless, any idea(s)...Tech Support for product has been, uh, a bit lacking. And nobody seems to have wiring diagrams to identify old/vs new wiring. Heat pumps...argh!!!!

Product tag:
Heat_pump_zpsc9124146.jpg

New Motor:
new_motor1_zps6976f8cc.jpg

Old Motor:
old_motor2_zps8bc488c8.jpg

Old Motor Tag
old_motor1_zps0c4a939c.jpg

Does the new motor have a wiring diagram on it like the old motor does? If it does post it.

Can you get a clearer pic of the old motor wiring diagram? At least tell me what the colors are on the diagram. I think I can make out Black and maybe Yellow. I could guess the other two but I don't like guessing. ;)

Bama Rambler said:
Does the new motor have a wiring diagram on it like the old motor does? If it does post it.

Can you get a clearer pic of the old motor wiring diagram? At least tell me what the colors are on the diagram. I think I can make out Black and maybe Yellow. I could guess the other two but I don't like guessing. ;)

I'll get it...thanks

And here's all we have re: motor label wiring
And that's all we need! :)

Power goes on red and yellow instead of black and red
And the cap that was between brown and yellow still goes between brown and yellow.

On the new motor, red goes to red, yellow goes to black and yellow, and brown goes brown.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.