Aquasol Solar Panel Test

Jul 10, 2010
This spring I installed 450 square feet of solar Panels. This is about 95% of my pools surface area. I went with a higher than recommended surface area due to the solar panels facing a azimuth of 90 degrees.

My pool is shaded at least 85% of the day. Last year, i could only get my pool to 83 degrees, with a full week of 100 degree days, using a solar blanket. This year, the solar blanket has been removed, and i have had no problem keeping the pool in the mid 80's (playing to get the perfect temp). As long as i have direct sun light, and the outside temp is over 70 degrees, getting to 85 is no problem.

So we have finally had our first stretch of 100 degree days. I couldn't help but to test how high i could get my pool (15k gal). Monday morning, i started the pool out at 72 degrees. This being as low as it would get without the solar running. After 2 full days of 104 to 106 outside temps (about 65 at night), I have reached 97 degrees in the pool. I am sure i could get more out of it, and turn my pool into a 15k gal hot tub, but i think i have satisfied my curiosity, and justified the purchase.

Now, for test 2. See how good the night cool mode works. I spent about 10 min in the pool today. With the outside temp at 104, and the pool temp at 97, it was kind of like locking yourself in a car with no AC.

End of Monday

End of Today

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.