Would love to hear some other opinions...

Jul 2, 2013
Pool has been up and running since mid May, all tests look good and the water is still cloudy. This lady is at her wits end this year because I can't seem to create some totally clear water all the way down to the bottom. What that means is the water is clear on top but at about 6-8 inches below the surface it becomes cloudy but the bottom is still visible from the surface. I have tried algaecide without copper thinking it might be an algae bloom without any benefit, kept the FC at 25 for 3 days and still have the same result. I'm using a FAS-DPD test kit and the results are shown below. Hoping to find some other opinions on what I can try next... I am in dire need of some clear water here in Kentucky...thoughts anyone?

FC-15
CC-0
PH-7.4
TA-70
CYA-50
CH-is purple dots-fading endpoint

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

Please add your pool details and location as described HERE to your signature as it will help us help you.

What kind of filter do you have?
Were you following the Shocking Your Pool PROCESS? Did you pass the 3 criteria to stop (obviously not since the water is still cloudy), specifically the OCLT?

Sorry I forgot to include the pool details = 12,500gal, 24' Round AG, Hayward Sand Filter bought new last year.

Outskirts of Louisville, Ky

I did follow the Shocking you pool process but can't get the water clear part. I maintained the FC at 20 for 3 days and the loss at less that 1ppm for those days but the water is still cloudy and I can't figure out why. With it being a sand filter (slower to process) I'm wondering if I should have maintained the shock level for more days? Thanks for any suggestions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.