Pentair IC40

Hmmm ... I see the page you are looking at and I am not clear if that comes with the required power center or if that is just for the cell. :scratch:

Realize that without a controller ... you can only adjust the output in multiples of 20% ... so any fine tuning must be done with pump run time.

EDIT: I am pretty sure that $510 is only the cell and you would also need the $322 power center.

My opinion? From a homeowner, you can have my salt pool. I've been thinking of going back to chlorine floaters and save me the grief and money. I've already replaced one IC40 and now another is flashing "low life".
Our water conditions isn't helping. The calcium deposits that they leave behind doesn't help. I've spoke with numerous pool businesses out here and not one would make theirs a salt pool.
Throw a bag of salt in your pool if that's the feeling you want. :party:

I am a fan of the Pentair IC40 system.

Have been running for 3 years at my pool with no problem, actually perfect, plus have installed at four other pools.

Just like any pool or system your water needs to be in balance.

The system does require the Cell and Power Center. More like $750 is the lowest price on ebay.

At my wholesale pool supply warehouse they sell for $1020 cost.

Then you need salt. test strips to test your water before you begin to add salt, and more CYA. Maybe $100 in stuff.

I've had the IC-40 for five years and have had to replace the $500 cell twice, despite my constant water testing and cleaning the cell as directed.

I've turned it off and went to the BBB method and now use chlorine bleach. Every once in awhile I'll turn the SWG back on, say if I'm going out of town. I won't buy another cell. You can still add salt (and borates) to make the water feel better. I still keep my salt levels up and the borates are a nice addition.

Good luck and Happy 4th of July!

You won't save any money by going with any SWG. What you are doing is buying the convenience of not having to manually add chlorine, whether it is liquid or tablets. A salt pool also tends to be more stable because the chlorine is generated around the clock, and this definitely makes maintenance easier.

I have also had to replace my IC40 cell twice. First time was under warranty. The replacement lasted a little over a year so I gave up and went to tablets for two years. Just recently, I bought a new cell and I'm enjoying the convenience again.

Just figure that it will cost you ~500 bucks every 2-3 years. If that bothers you, then don't do it. Tablets are a decent alternative, as is liquid chlorine. They just require a little more work.

Yeah i realize there would be no savings and I'm even ok if it costs slightly more than likely. I'd be doing it for the convenience but i dont want to be replacing cells all the time bc of crappy equipment. So that's my dilemma

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.