Not sure what I have - hydrostatic valve?

skillset

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 3, 2007
Central NJ
When my PB installed my FG pool, I think I remember him installing a hydrostatic value, but not sure. When I read about this now, it looks like it is something normally attached to the main drain and is automatic. What the PB put in was a 3rd value near my pump (the first valve is the skimmer and the second valve is the main drain). He said the third valve could be used to pump out water outside the pool (underground) should I ever have to. That valve has always been closed and I never tried opening it. Next to pool, there is a 9x9 cover that goes down the depth of the pool, but is never filled with anything. This was part of that 3rd valve install.

Is what I am describing anything to do with a hydrostatic value?

The PB is no longer in business.

It sounds like a well point. You would be able to see if the groundwater was high and then apparently use the pool pump to pump the groundwater away from the pool (You would also need to set the filter to waste or the water would be pumped into the pool)

A hydrostatic valve is basically like a check valve in the main drain that would allow the groundwater to flow INTO the pool if the groundwater was above the pool water level to prevent the pool from floating out of the ground.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.