May 24, 2012
Elko, MN
Im having my liner replaced next week and was curious if it would be better to find someone with water truck that could fill my 27,000 gallon pool or just use the garden hose? The guy doing the liner replacement said use the garden hose and it will take a couple days. I called the fire department and they said it may be cheaper and faster to hire someone to bring a truck. I live in southern MN, does anyone have any referrals to send my way??
Thanks for your time!! Have a safe and Happy 4th my pool friends :wave: :-D

A couple of sources for trucked water have been mentioned here, fire departments (donation to volunteer department?) dirt track race tracks usually have water trucks, and road building companies usually have water trucks. Another suggestion has been to prefill a temporary pool and drain/pump it into the main pool, won't fill it at that size but a good head start.

What are your water rates? In MN I would think its cheaper to fill from the hose. If you have metals or other undesirables in your water, then I would consider having water brought in.

I live in Shoreview, MN. My water rates are $1-$2 per 1000 gallons depending upon my usage. I think it would be tough to get water trucked in for less than $50.

When I had my liner replaced a couple of years ago, it took me about 36 hours to fill my 27,000 gallon pool. I used 2 hoses from 2 faucets and I have pretty good water pressure.

Another way I've seen it done is a metered fire hose from a fire hydrant. Then pay your regular rate off that meter. Avoids the sewage fee if that applies to your water bill.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.