Pool filled and test kit not here yet.... What to do?

Jun 18, 2013
Hi! We're super excited that our pool is up and filled. We had water delivered yesterday. They said it is drinking water with a little chlorine. My test kit won't be delivered until Friday. We will be using a SWG but it was missing a part and we are waiting on that to arrive too. Right now we just have the Intex 637R filter pump that the pool came with and ran it about 10 hours last night. The water is clear and I'd like to keep it that way until Friday. Is there anything I can do now that will protect the water and allow us to swim until I can figure out what exactly we need on Friday when the test kit arrives? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Use poolcalculator.com to estimate how much bleach you need to add and do that right away. You can also go ahead and add your salt, that way it'll be dissolved and ready when you get your SWG up and running. You will also need to start adding your CYA/stabilizer as directed by pool calculator.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.