fixing liner pulled away from coping

May 13, 2013
So I bought a house with a neglected liner that was filthy. I actually got it to look quite respectable and set it into the coping. I started to fill up the pool. I now have two spots where I have a pronounced U shape where the liner was pulled down and out of the coping and there is no wag its going to be pulled up. I tried waiting for a hot day and using both hot water from stove and a hair dryer. I think the liberty may have just lost some elasticity. What I'm looking for are some make shift ideas on how to get around this issue so o can fill the water up to the Skimmer with out it leaking behind my liner. Right now I have a section of pool hose in the Skimmer and submerged so I can filter the water. I think using a liner repair glue and an old cut piece of liner would work but no idea where to get one. The patches sold in repaid kits are two small (I need like two 1.5 foot x 1 foot patches). I was also thinking of putting some ice and water shield on the u shapes. The stuff is really sticky and is meant to repel water off roofs. Let me know all of your ideas. Thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.