How to balance - Pump run time for SWG and HeatPump

thadius65

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
I would like to being to use my heatpump to maintain a temp in my pool. I currently only use my gas heater to lift temp to desired when needed. My challenge on the heatpump has been that for me to get a good chlorine level in my pool, i can only run my 2 speed pump on low for 10 hours @ 30% generating levels for salt cell. Doing any more and my levels get to high. So if a heat pump takes time to maintain temp and with my pump run rate only 10 hours, won't this have my heat pump cycles running longer due to being off all night/morning? Is that more or less efficient? (Yes I cover my pool every night with solar cover). Hayward Pro Logic uses the pump time as the primary ruling condition, not if the pool temp is low. So even if the temp drops below what the heat pump is set, it doesn't sense that and will not react until the timer turns on the pump to low, to then be forced to high due to call for heat.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Ted

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.