Courtyard Lap Pool (DFW)

Starting to look like a pool now...

p1717247543-5.jpg

p1826555460-5.jpg

p1683196088-5.jpg

p1831837592-5.jpg

jamgolf said:
harleysilo said:
Wonder if a mason could open up the pool side and have fire visible on both sides?

That's the thought of the day HS!! I'm excited to hear if it's a possibility.

Can't wait to see the center field wall finished with rock. (Watching baseball now.)

Nice pool!

Some thoughts....

1) I don't know if you get lots of birds like down in the Rio Grande Valley. You might want to think about how to bird-proof those beams so you don't get every bird thinking you have a watering hole just for them.

2) If possible, you might want to think about having wood or stone benches built into the back wall for extra seating. This would blend in with the wall. Maybe just a lowered step/lip that serves as seating.....

3) How are you going to get drainage from the courtyard? In our courtyard in the front of our house, we put a drain from the interior to the front lawn shrubs. You could also have the builder put spaces in the wall at the floor-wall junctions to let water drain from the courtyard.

Hi Gator Fan:

Thanks for your very thoughtful and thought-provoking post.

1) Birds: I did not give it too much consideration. There is an artist close to my home and he/she makes metal sculptures (mostly eagles). I think putting a couple of them, one on each side of the courtyard, on top of the beams might scare the birds away.

2) Benches: Excellent idea. I have actually thought about doing this.

3) Drainage: There will be 9 drains in the deck for rain water and down-spouts will also tie into that drainage. Water will exit out toward the backyard (behind the weeping wall).

So do you have a pool in your courtyard as well?
If so please post some pictures. I'd love to see it.
We might steal some of your ideas :)

Cheers!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.