Deciding on a new pump...

Jul 1, 2013
Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. Im pretty green when it comes to pools so I'll take any suggestions. I have an older pool in really good shape but the pump is pretty old and is costing a fortune to run. I have a play/party pool and is estimated at about 15k gallons. I don't have a spa or any other water feature so the pump only runs the vacuum on occasion and mostly circulates the water. I've been looking at the variable speed pumps due to how low I can set it and keep it running more often but I'm not sure if it's the type of pump I should be looking at. I kind of like the Pentair Intelliflo pumps. They have the VS and SVRS but I'm not sure which would be a better choice, or if I'm even on the right track. Any suggestions would be more than welcome. Thanks!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

The SVRS pumps are more for commercial use and all we see here are people having problems with the pumps shutting off while trying to vacuum or run a suction cleaner.

If you have a small pool with no variable water flow needs, why not just get a smaller 2-speed pump? Or look at one of the smaller VS pumps like the Hayward Max-flo. You (and most pool owners) have no need for a 3HP monster of a pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.