SRS Sall Cell Reading Too High

sgmtmi

Jul 1, 2013
I had a SRS salt cell reading 1/2 of the actual salt content in the pool. Therefore chlorine was not being generated. I took it to the store I got it at and they replaced it with a new one. Now the cell is reading double the salt content. Please help.

How about a little help here? Salt generator is reading 7000 to 8000 PPM but is still operating and generating chlorine. Had salt tested at 2 pools stores and were within 100 PPM at 3250 PPM. Unit voltage and aps are with normal when generating. Why is the salt reading so high? Was working fine for a week but then shut down the other day with high salt level light on. Salt was reading at 8200 PPM.

Not to be short, but if you want help in a hurry (and it seems you do), I highly recommend calling the manufacturer. I have a Compupool, and I've had good luck talking with their technical support. Even though I have experience running a salt pool, I do not have experience with your system. The folks who make your system are the experts.

My specific unit was not properly calibrated when I got it. Compupool was able to send me documentation on how to recalibrate it. It now reads exactly the same as my tests.

I can make my Hayward read high salt too ... by telling it I am using a smaller cell (T-9) than I really am using (T-15). Never heard of the SRS system so not sure if there are setting like that or not.

The system is 3 years old and is an off brand system. The manual has no info on recalibration or salt cell setting based on size of pool. The manual cover says SRS, standing for Salt Regenerative System. It looks similar to the Hayward Aqua Trol system. There isn't any contact info the manual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.