Northwest Alabama
finally got pool clear
CL=8.5
CC=0.5
TC=9
TA=70
PH=7.2
CH=50
I know cl still a bit high but its slowly comming down....i had good test results like these yesterday morning but still had a cloudy pool and talked to several people and was told to try the pool clearifyer ...its the blue bottle aqua chem stuff that walmart has .....(question..what is in this stuff i couldent find any lable on it for what was in it)

We teach the BBB system and not the BBBC. We don't know what's in it and all the more reason to not using something you have no idea what's in it.

Filtration and Pool Owner Patience would have been enough. :goodjob:

chris400 said:
finally got pool clear
CL=8.5
CC=0.5
TC=9
TA=70
PH=7.2
CH=50
I know cl still a bit high but its slowly comming down....i had good test results like these yesterday morning but still had a cloudy pool and talked to several people and was told to try the pool clearifyer ...its the blue bottle aqua chem stuff that walmart has .....(question..what is in this stuff i couldent find any lable on it for what was in it)
Actually.... FC may not be too high - it's dependent on the CYA level, which you're keeping a secret. Almost as secret as the ingredients in that clarifier.
:grrrr:

i dunno what was in it either but as i have been doing everything on here as best as i possibly could with success i must say... the cloudyness was my last issue that has been lingering for about a week solid and i did what i thought would clear it up and it did......i dont have the added benifit of a sand filter or fancy pump im using the 1000gph pump the pool came with to do all this and it uses an "A" type filter that im cleaning 1 or 2 times a day

Sounds like you need a better cartridge. The Unicell cartridges seems very popular and they filter better than the Intex filter. Also, the little pump only pumps a portion of the pools water each day. Getting rid of cloudy water is all a matter of getting the stuff into the filter and if it never gets sucked into the filter, it will never go away. Some people have had success with paper towels in the skimmer basket or wrapped around the cartridge but these can only be used if you babysit the pump to ensure you don't lose flow and over heat the pump.

Do you have a vacuum?

There are always Intex and Hayward above ground pool pumps and filters on the local craigslist. If you get a cartridge filter, make sure you can get filters and they are cost effective. Sand and DE are always easy to find.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.