Keeping glass away from pool - what do you use for beverages

I have attempted to switch all of my adult beverage friends over to the adult capri sun type beverage pouches... but some days just call for a beer. I am usually a fan of frozen beer mugs but obviously I want to keep those and bottles away from the pool. I am not a fan of beer in cans and have never found a plastic cup that I felt great about for beer. What are y'all using? Are there some great plastic mugs or pint glasses or something that are a bit nicer? I am also going to need something for margaritas that isn't glass.

Thoughts?

Re: Keeping glass away from pool - what do you use for bever

I have has friends spill a floating cooler full of glass bottled beers in the pool before. They just sank to the bottom but didn't bust. I am not a fan of cans either but that's what we use now. Not to bad once you get use to them. Also we have some nice margarita glasses that are plastic. For other stuff we just use throw away Dixie cups. Cheap easy and no clean up.

You are drinking the wrong canned beer. ;) Maybe try some of the offerings from Oskar Blue.

I was at the movie theater last week and they had frozen acrylic pint beer glasses. It worked pretty well. But then I don't drink beer that requires a frozen mug.

If worried about beer bottles, why not simply use the glass bottle, but put it in one of those neoprene insulated sleeves, while not completely safe from glass breakage, they can greatly lower the chance of glass in the pool.

There are plenty of nice cups out there one could transfer beer into without using glass. Tervis tumblers makes some nice ones.
Then of course you could use "coozies" which are always popular. The kids bring them home from weddings, frat parties, etc.
My son in law would love to hook a keg up in my pool house fridge which would actually decrease trash and risk from glass. I'll keep thinking about that. Canned beer poured into a *nice* cold plastic beer mug isnt thatttttttt bad. :)
I don't like to use disposables like solo cups (#5 plastic) if I can help it because they don't recycle. When I buy toss-away cups I go for the #1 or #2 plastics as those are picked up here by my garbage service. I like to avoid putting things in the landfill when ever possible.

Definitely no glass in or around the pool! Nothing wrong with those freezer mugs. They work well and pose no safety hazard.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

We are "beer snobs" and there's a great selection of good craft beers in cans these days, in a coozie. I also like the insulated mugs fom the fridge, not the freezer. Our pool is under construction now so I'm soaking up all the info I can before it's complete.

Huh. I guess I'm not that paranoid -- I just drink straight from the brown bottles around the pool.

The beer cozy is probably worthwhile insurance.

We have two floating coolers - cans and plastic water bottles go in those. On the patio, I'm fine with glass bottles wrapped in a coozie (adults only) or acrylic "glasses". Kids get the red Solo cups.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.