Selecting Liquidator size

Water_man

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2008
Brookline, MA
Hi all
Looks like this forum has a lot of Liquidator activity :-D
I need help in selecting size : 4 or 8 gals?
My CYA is 60 (a heritage from my pre-BBB pool life)and I use the "tables" for adjusting the daily FC between 4.5 and 6.8. I expect the CYA to go down to 48 after the end of the season's winterizing with 1 foot drain.
The location of the pool gear is in a shaded area but air temps can reach 90 during the season (actually this weekend we expect 90.)
I use Walmart's 6% Ultra bleach
In addition, I want to make sure that if I'm away for a week, there would be no need to replenish the bleach in the tank.

Does anyone know what are the physical dimensions of the two models?
Thank you
Mike

I have the 8 gallon and I believe the dimensions are 15"x15"x29" (someone listed them here at one time, 29" is definitely the height, pretty sure the base is 15"x15").

I was thinking about getting the 4 gallon, but the price made it a no brainer (only 20 bux difference), figured Id just have to find a way to fit the 8 gallon somewhere. I ended up putting mine in my shed 10' from the filter, so it will always be shaded and relatively cool.

-Chris

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 6
mikemedic said:
I have the 8 gallon model also. I bought it off http://www.tftestkits.com/

super fast shipping and he is a member here. Can't beat his price!
Me too, and I just installed mine this past Friday. I originally was only going to get the 4 gallon (I have a 10k gallon pool), but figured for $20 more, I would get the 8 gallon one and not have to deal with the regret of not getting the larger one. Especially since I use 6% bleach, and can't really find anywhere that sells the 12%.

Since I don't believe that there is a requirement to keep the liquidator filled to the top, it makes sense to me to just buy the 8 gallon model. You can use it with 4 gallons if you want, then fill it to the 8 gallon mark if you're going away on vaction. :)

You can use less in the 8, but you can't use more in the 4. ;)

Ordered the LQ 8 gal

Thanks for all the responses. Based on the advice I got here I ordered today the LQ 8 gal from Dave at tftestkits.com. I got a shipping confirmation within seconds after my payment went through.
That's a good start...

Yeah my experience was excellent. Didnt get ship notify within SECONDS but it did show up in a decent amount of time (I had ordered over memorial day weekend) and intact (which is unusual for DHL in my area!!)

Very happy with the transaction and the product. Thanks to Dave for stocking it, only reason I didnt pull the trigger last year was the lack of experience from the few sites that were selling it.

-Chris

Well, Thanks for the very nice words, guys.

Now, the bad news. I currently have only two - 4 gallon models left and no 8 gallons.

They shipped yesterday to me but I probably will not see them 'til the first of next week. I am posting a note up on my website to that effect.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.