Ordering DIY pool kit--is this everything I need?

Jun 17, 2012
I am getting ready to order my pool kit from RoyalSwimmingPools.com
18 x 36 -2'R pool, 30" Ranger sand filter with 2" valve, 8 ft steps with 2 jets, 2 skimmers, 2 main drains, 3 returns, in wall ladder, and 27 mil Savannah liner. Also ordering from other sources, 2 color logic lights and niches, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Max Flo VS pump, 4 jandy deck jets, and of course the TF100 test kit. I will be using 2" PVC for plumbing.

Do I have every thing? Thanks in advance for your help!

As for Royal Pools, based on these 2 stories alone, I wouldn't buy from them. Not from a company that has such incredibly poor customer service.

liner-source-vendor-recommendation-for-new-pool-urgent-t63436.html

I don't have any personal experience with them directly, but I have read a lot of mixed reviews on here about them.

EDIT: Is there a particular reason you have chosen a VS pump?
The only time they pay for themselves is when you have very high electric rates, or you have special needs for your pool pumping duties. IE. Water features, in-floor cleaners, etc..

Also, keep in mind that those thick liners over 20/22mil, are much more difficult to install due to being more inflexible. Many on here, including professional installers, say that there isn't any point to going above std. thickness. I have heard that the wall thickness is OK to upgrade a bit, but the floor thickness doesn't matter as liners always seem to fail on the wall.
1. Due to improper cleaning and vinyl treatment of the waterline area and above.
2. Improper water chemistry and balance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.