Raypak 2100 not igniting - spark error

Jul 1, 2013
I have a Raypak 2100 digital that will not ignite. It says "Spark". Is it possible that not enough gas is getting to the unit? How do you adjust the amount of gas that is coming in? It is 336BTU heater.

The orfice size in the pilot and the burners controls the gas flow.

Can you hear the spark igniter sparking at startup? The normal sequence for these is:
Call for heat
Draft inducer start, proving switch close
spark igniter starts sparking
Gas valve pilot circuit opens (flame lites)
flame sensor senses flame after about 3-5 seconds
Gas valve opens main burner gas flow

Thank you for the response. We do hear the click sound of the igniter trying to spark. We start up the unit at the lowest temperature setting which reads "No demand", then we up the temp to where it calls for gas. It just does not ever ignites.

If you remove the front panel can you see if the pilot is lighting? I am suspecting it is not but, worth a check anyway. It is possible that the pilot orfice could be blocked. Spiders like to build nests in the small confines of the pilot assembly. I would check there first.

FIXED!!! First we made sure that both the SPA (which we don't have) and the Pool settings were at the lowest setting. Then we followed the instructions for powering everything off including the electricity at the breaker box. That must have reset everything. We turned everything on in order and waited patiently for everything to come back on and voila!! Thanks everyone!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.