Large parties, chlorine, etc

Jun 30, 2008
Suffolk County, NY
Hey all,

Like most here, I now use the BBB method to sanitize my pool.

However, I never know what to do during large parties. Do I bring the chlorine level up before hand?
I normally do considering there are dozens of people in and out of the pool. Still after a long day of kids jumping around, the pool does seem to get cloudy. Is there a way to avoid this?

Does it make sense to pull everyone out for 30 minutes to add bleach halfway through the day? Or would a chlorinator work better under these circumstances so there is always some chlorine being released into the pool.

My situation is complicated by the spill over spa. I like to leave it either spilling over, or on full spa mode, which lessons or even eliminates the filtration from the pool itself.

What do you guys do before and during a large party to keep it clear?

Thanks a million!

I would double the FC level before a large party and, if the pool is still cloudy after, bring it back to double again. It's as much a filtration issue (after) as anything (run your pump 24/7) but some extra chlorine is a good plan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.