Not sure need to ask (Shocking Pool Question)

myrddin

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 11, 2012
Southern Indiana
OK, so I want to be sure... My tf-100 tells me my CYA is about 50 (hard test to be satisfied with) but its close. My water is crystal clear... looks great. PH I keep about 7.5, and TA about 70...

To the point over night FC test shows more than 1 ppm loss... I have never needed to shock this pool (well not while I have owned it and have used BBB for upkeep), but by the over night FL loss I guess I should... So I decided to raise the FC to 20 (20-25ish) and shock... well I had it up to 24 lastnight and woke to 11... it did rain so I will not rule that out... but not sure why it dropped so much... I have brought it back up to 22 and will chk it agn in a few hours. Any thoughts or ideas? Should I be shocking (thinking so)...

thanks for any help.

Yeah, when you are unsure, always fall back to the principle that ONLY two things consume chlorine in your pool......the sun and organics in the water.

You eliminated the sun, so you are left with an inescapable conclusion and need to shock to kill them all.

thnx guys!!!

Thanks for your response... I will keep at it... Going to brush agn today... Not much else hidden, its a sport pool so I have the steps in ground at each end (rounded edges) the pool is a FOXX Pool so it had that place above the liner where there special cover went (don't use it anymore) dirs. and things like to get in there... so I will focus on that but its not in the water its just below the coping.

thanks agn!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.