The TFP Name the Shock Process Contest Finals

Please pick a winner for the Rename the Shock Process contest

• Total voters
Jun 11, 2013
Name the Shock Process Contest Finals

We need a new name for the Shock Process, and we are asking you to help us pick the perfect name. Please vote for your favorite name before July 9th. All three of the finalists will win prizes, and the winning entry will become the new name for The Shock Process at TFP!

We haven't had a contest in a while, so the prizes are HUGE.

First prize - An Aquabot Turbo T-Jet In Ground Robotic Pool Cleaner, Courtesy of PoolSupplyWorld.com
[attachment=2:3s2kqdcq]robot.jpg[/attachment:3s2kqdcq]

Second Prize - A $200 dollar gift certificate to TFTestKits.net
[attachment=1:3s2kqdcq]testkit.jpg[/attachment:3s2kqdcq]

Third prize - A $100 dollar gift certificate to TFTestKits.net

[attachment=0:3s2kqdcq]valve.jpg[/attachment:3s2kqdcq]

Fine print:

The top three entries were selected by the moderators and admin from entries made in the preliminary round of the contest. The final winner will be determined by the result of this all membership poll. The deadline for voting is right before July 9th California time. You can change your vote up until the last minute. You must be a member of the forum (supporter or not) to vote. Anyone detected creating extra accounts to "stuff" the ballot box will be disqualified, and banned from the forum permanetly.

If you are not completely familiar with the Shock Process we teach, read "The Shock Process" in Pool School for a refresher. Pick the finalist you think would be a simple, descriptive, easy to remember name that we can call the shock process.

PoolSupplyWorld.com and TFTestKits.net support the principles of simplicity that we teach here and we are very appreciative of their support. Please thank them for providing these amazing prizes. :goodjob:

All three final entries were submitted by crek31 :goodjob:
crek31 will get their choice of any one of the three prizes, and the remanning prizes will be awarded to the runners up.

Because one person wrote all three final entries, we have decided to give crek31 his choice of any one of the three prizes. The remaining prizes will be awarded to the people who submitted the two entries with the next highest number of votes from the moderators. By the by, none of the moderators knew who had submitted which entry when they choose the finalists.

Attachments

• robot.jpg
    robot.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 494
  • testkit.jpg
    testkit.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 496
  • valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 495
Okay, TFP'rs,

The ball is in your court. Let's get some votes in there. This is really a very important change for all of us so pick what you think is best. Once the winner is decided, you will see that name plastered all over this forum for years to come. Make your choice.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not trying to be difficult but what about a "none of the above option".
Honestly, and I know it's personal preference, I personally don't feel much for any of them and I wonder how many people will actually work those into their vocabulary in place of "shock".

Just my opinion, not trying to be rude.

Or perhaps expand the list.

We have spent the last five years jumbling "shock" and "shock process" and confusing everyone. Those days are over very soon.

All three choices are VERY fine choices honed down from a list of 127 pretty thoughtful entries.

One of those will win the grand prize and that will be the defacto choice for how we describe the correct process for getting a pool crystal clear.

I just found this, no idea it was going in at all. Hrrrmm

Honestly, I lice CLEAR more than SLAM as it doesn't have that infomercial buzzword ring to it. Lols
But it sounds a bit confusing, when we tell a new member... "you need to CLEAR your pool". It's almost as bad as telling them to just "shock it".

SLAM gets them asking questions, as it isn't already a pool term, so the brain says "does not compute". But CLEAR on the other hand is a pool term, that's why everyone finds us, wanting to "clear" their pool up.

I kinda want CLEAR over SLAM, so any ideas how we can sell CLEAR in our daily explanations of how it all rolls when helping out new TFP'ers?
It's pretty late here, otherwise I might have more ideas.
Opening up the floor, whadya got?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.