best equipment for closing a pool?

evolverus

In The Industry
May 27, 2013
just trying to get a census on the best choice for clearing lines when closing a pool, I hear a lot say shop vacs, but will that take care of virtually all pools or might I find some instances where that is not the case?

Well. Is such case I'd believe from my experience that a tank of compressed air would be best but comparatively for as many closings I would be doing a year the price of a premium shop vac would suffice. For the multiple uses it would provide that is

I use a small shop vac & a pancake compressor with a #10 rubber plug attached to an air jack for 2" lines.

Plus a small craftsman sump pump.

Vac to suck out spa and spa drains - even after blowing out.

Compressor to blow out lines.... then vac out any water left in the spa drains and skimmers.

You can also vac while blowing -- it will get all the water

Or you can use the shop vac to blow, but I prefer the small compressor.

And of course rubber plugs and threaded plugs where you can use them in spa drains, or skimmers.

Last I use plastic soda bottles and left over swim noodles to fill in the skimmers top and weir area and spa drains.

And I drain the water below the returns and fill the spa up 1/2 way to accommodate snow and rain.

I take care of several high end pools in CT and have not had any problems.

Also I remove all equipment from the elements and mice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.