Tricks for putting the lid on the pump basket back on?

pmcd

May 31, 2013
Toronto, Canada
I have a Pentair Dynamo pump. I removed the glass lid to clean out the strainer. Now I can' get it back on. It has to be rotated so that it fits into two groves. The problem is that the lid isn't flat enough for both sides to fit into the groves. I thought turning on the pump would suck the lid flat on so I could turn it but that didn't work. Can I hammer it in?
Very frustrating. It looks like it should be easy but it Isn't!

Any hints would be much appreciated.

Philip

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

This may or may not help...i have the intex sandfilter...and when i tried to put the lid back on when I cleaned the basket i had one hard time....i had forgotten to close the return valve! I only closed the outlet valve...so water was coming backwards through the pump and making it hard for me to screw on properly ;)

jblizzle said:
Why would you use vegetable oil and not a gasket or pool lube? You always need to lube the o-ring to ensure a good seal.

I read about that in some thread here. Couldn't hurt and I didn't have any pool lube. This had just never happened before. I guess I should go out and get the proper stuff.

In any case, it did seem to work though it might have just been a fluke. The whole waterworks' structure is a real mystery to me. The terminology, types of pipes, flow rates, leaks, etc... you name it. Just seems very complicated.

Philip

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.