drumr

drumr

Apr 22, 2007
Hello, I thought I would introduce myself. My name is JD and I have been blessed with my wife for 12 years and 3 wonderful kids (Kailey 10, Erin 6, and Evan 3). All of them love the pool!! I have been a BBB believer for the last 6 years and it has served me well. I live in Gordonsville, Tennessee which is about 60 miles east of Nashville. As my screen name says I do enjoy playing drums. I have played in many bands over the years along with some studio work (yuck...I prefer to play live). I have played in everything from a Rush tribute band to many country and classic rock bands . I now play in a contemporary christian band covering Third Day and Mercy Me styles of music along with many of our own songs our lead singer has written. I also am our church drummer, which I have learned the hard way, takes much finnesse. My acoustic kit is a 6 piece set of Drum Workshop (DW) with Sabian and Paiste cymbals. I also have a Yamaha DTXpress 2 electronic drum set that I play at home so I can practice quietly, but also gig in small venues with.

I also enjoy working on and building custom computers. My parents are big gamers and I just built my mom a screamin gaming machine. My dad won't use it because he knows he will have to have one too. Its so funny to watch two adults screaming at each other (over the game they are playing) in the midst of battle while playing Guild Wars.

My real job is in an aluminum extrusion factory where I am a team leader (foreman). I am over our fabrication and thermal improvement lines. I have been here 21 years and will probably retire from here. Our primary business is curtain walls and window frames for high rise buildings, schools, Wal-Marts, ect., but we extrude just about anything. If you have aluminum columns on your front porch they probably came from here. Same with sunrooms, we do alot of that stuff too.

One of the best things I have noticed about this forum and poolforum is that it doesn't matter if you have a $200 intex pool or a $50,000 custom inground, or no pool at all, everyone gets the same respect and attention which is what will allow this forum to flourish.

I think this is a great forum and will try to visit and contribute as much as my knowledge will allow. Thanks for your time!!

God Bless,
JD

Welcome Drumr - since you have played in a rRsh tribute band, I can only assume you are a very good drummer.
What surprised me is that you're not Canadian!!!
Glad to hear our country's best is also appreciated down south!
Welcome to the forum.

Matt...LOL!!
I am a huge Rush fan. When practicing I always work several Rush songs into my regimen. I'm not even close to Neil Peart talent wise, (I'm humbled everytime I walk into a drum store in Nashville just listening to other folks trying out stuff).
The Rush tribute band I was in did win a battle of the bands competition and we always had a good time jamming. We couldn't keep a lead singer very long because there are not many singers like Geddy.

Welcome to TFP! Glad you found us. Now that the new logo is out of the way, maybe we should start working on a theme song now that we've got a drummer. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words about the site. We simply have the best members, plain and simple. It was boring here when it was just me. ;)

Sean,
I would be honored to play drums on a theme song...Now if you want me to play guitar on it too...It would sound like Green Day cause all I can play is power chords!!!

Kevin,
Thanks for the kind words about Tennessee...I am originally from Newnan, Ga. but moved here in 1985 and haven't looked back.

Now if the Mermaid Queen will get on to the Corp of Engineers to hurry up and fix Wolf Creek Dam, hopefully, they will get it fixed before it breaks and floods my little town!!

drumr said:
Now if the Mermaid Queen will get on to the Corp of Engineers to hurry up and fix Wolf Creek Dam, hopefully, they will get it fixed before it breaks and floods my little town!!

If I had control over beavers, they could have that dam fixed in a flash! But alas, only marine life will heed my call...
:thequeen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi! My husband is the drummer on our church's worship team. (I'm the violinist.) He plays an acoustic set at church, and he has a Hart electronic set here with a Yamaha TD-8. He's planning to get an electronic set at church as well...the toms on the set there are awful.

Our kids play instruments also...we have a pianist and two guitar players, one of whom switches to bass when they all play together.

Welcome to the forum!