Vacation Calculator

easttn

Jun 22, 2013
East TN
Not necessarily a forum suggestion but a dern good one.

Im going on vacation for 3 days and Im sitting here trying to figure out what my chlorine level is probably going to be when I get back. I thought maybe there should be a calculator for that. I know its not a fool proof calcuation, but Im sure it would help alot of people out. I dont know how to write javascript or I would try to make one myself and share it.

What I plan on doing is shock my pool and add a certain amount of trichlor tabs to a floater that way it will be around 3ppm chlorine when I get back like most other people do. There is already enough data for the variables to figure out what the chlorine may be, just need someone to write the code and do the math.

Information (variables that would be in the calculator):
--------------------------------
Starting FC level
CYA level (needed to figure FC Loss per day)
Number of trichlor tabs
Days gone
FC level loss per day (figures here: phosphates-and-sudden-chlorine-drop-t49199-20.html)

You could even throw in a TA and pH section and probably figure what your pH would be at the end. Maybe someone will volunteer to make one of these calculators. Maybe someone already suggested it, but I didnt see it anywhere.

That is a wonderful idea. Unfortunately, figuring out the answer is exceedingly complicated, and requires lots of information that is not readily available. Thus, programming said calculator would be tricky (at best).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.