Need help with figuring out pool circulation

Hello, new to forum. I have not been around a pool for about 15 years, so I need help. Don't need help with chemistry yet, believe I got that figured out. The problem is the pool circulation. It seems to have two intakes in the bottom, deep end and shallow end and of course the top side one. Pool is not deep, maybe 6-7 feet. There is a hose with a sweeper and it was plugged into side of pool. What I need help with is the valves. There is no markings on anything. Here is a picture.
We discovered the bottom right valve was intakes, bottom and top. The left valve was for no jets on, but outlet pushing out of big hole in side of pool which was attached to sweeper. So sweeper was only stirring up bottom, no vacuum was happening. The top valve was for the sweeper on and off.

Pressures are good right now, below 10 psi, if the bottom left valve is all the way closed, it goes higher.

Question is, what is what? What is the Jandy energy kit for?

Thanks in advance.

Haywood pump, paper cartridge filtration. a Jandy energy kit is attached.

The right hand valve is the suction valve. You've figured out that the top (skimmer) and the bottom (main drain). The middle valve is the cleaner/filter. The energy filter is for the cleaner. The line from it goes to the cleaner port. The left valve selects between returns and possibly fountain or other water feature.

So the thing running around the bottom of the pool is a sweeper, it just stirs stuff up to get to the filter. Can it be used to vacuum, which I am assuming is attaching the hose to the top intake? Another question is, I cannot figure out where the one on the bottom left is going to. There are no extra features. it shuts off the jets and if I remember right the side outlet in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.