Vinyl liner bulges out when raining

May 31, 2013
New Jersey
Does anyone else's vinyl liner bulge out in areas when raining? We have noticed this before, mostly in the shallow end, and it happened again today. We seem to notice it when we are wasting the pool when it's raining, so I don't know if it's just from the rain alone, or wasting + the rain. Never noticed it with wasting alone, so it definitely has to do with the rain.

Is this normal, and why does this happen? I assume it must have to do with the walls of the pool getting wet, but not sure.

The first time it happened, it seemed to go back to normal on it's own. Haven't checked this time yet if it popped back into place yet. Want to make sure there is no cause for concern.

When that happens, you want to raise the water level in the pool as high as practical. If the liner floats up too much and starts to move it might not be possible to get it back into place. By keeping the water in the pool high, you will almost always be able to hold it in place.

I just noticed now the liner is actually separated in the corner. Not much more bubbling going on anymore, but I did notice that spot of liner is separated today. It's so rainy here and will be for the next few days apparently. So many storms lately.

I called the pool place that put in our liner to come out and fix it but they are booked for two weeks. She told me how we can fix it ourselves. Before we do a do-it-yourself on our pool and possibly really screw it up :hammer: , let me know if this sounds right:

1. Has to be a hot and sunny day.
2. Lie on the deck of the pool face down.
3. Pull the liner up and towards your chest.
4. Tug it in and snap into place into the track.

Is it really that easy? It sounds simple.

Also, she said with it untucked it shouldn't cause any problems and she made it seem as if it was not an emergency or anything. I would love to get this thing fixed though before it causes damage. Is she correct about it being no emergency type of situation?

We aren't supposed to have any sunny days any time soon, however. Is there anything else we can do? Not sure about using a blow dryer though. That scares me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.