Intex 12 X 24 X 52 Ultra Frame Foundation. UPDATE!

Wovenx

Jun 30, 2013
You will never, ever keep the pool from settling on that pool site. A gallon of water weighs 8 lbs. Multiply that by how many gallons are in your pool and you can bet that you're going to sink!

You must dig down. Building up with dirt is never acceptable. If you want to build up, you need to use crush/er, crush, crush n run, 2A modified w/ limestone. It is brought in in 3-6" lifts meaning you only bring 3"-6" at a time and compact it with a plate compactor and not a hand tamper.

UPDATE PICTURE: with questions. I've dug down to level.

Attachments

• Copy Of DSC08440.jpg
    Copy Of DSC08440.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC08524.jpg
    DSC08524.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 148
Re: Intex !2 X 24 X 52 Ultra Frame Foundation.

Welcome to tfp, Wovenx :wave:

As it sounds like you are aware, we do not recommend building up to make the pool area level. It can and has worked, but the fill needs to be proper and the compaction needs to be done in lifts.

Thanks!

linen said:
Welcome to tfp, Wovenx :wave:

As it sounds like you are aware, we do not recommend building up to make the pool area level. It can and has worked, but the fill needs to be proper and the compaction needs to be done in lifts.

What would be a proper fill and what do you mean by "lifts"? I guess I'm asking for specifics on how to make this work. Digging down more to ground level all the way around would create a pretty huge wall on the right side. The ground seems as hard as concrete even at it's highest point and I've tamped it a lot with manual tamping tool.
The pool will be several feet away from the high side close as possible to the dug down side.

Also any thoughts on the other ideas of using a tarp to keep the ground dry and help with erosion/sinking?

Thanks,

Danny

You will never, ever keep the pool from settling on that pool site. A gallon of water weighs 8 lbs. Multiply that by how many gallons are in your pool and you can bet that you're going to sink!

You must dig down. Building up with dirt is never acceptable. If you want to build up, you need to use crush/er, crush, crush n run, 2A modified w/ limestone. It is brought in in 3-6" lifts meaning you only bring 3"-6" at a time and compact it with a plate compactor and not a hand tamper.

Casey said:

Hey thanks for being blunt, like I said this is my first install. I've called my excavator and he will come out and level it to the ground and haul off the dirt.
Any other advice?

Thanks,
Danny

General including new information in picture captions does not get noticed or read as much. I would make new posts with the information in them in the future.

For the wall, I am no expert here, but if you do not add a retaining wall then you will need to slope it more and get grass to grow on it imo.

For the bottom, I would not put sand under the pavers. Since I have not installed one of these I am not sure on the best method. Here are a couple of threads that came up with google searching (search near upper right of each page):

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bumped because it was getting buried. Thanks for the advice on how to best post. I've done some google searches and it appears that some sand under pool bottom, others sand under bracers to and just use pavers.. It seems as though it can work both ways.. but probably safer to just sand bottom., - I've got a guy coming tomorrow to check and see if it needs a wall - I don't have much space there to slope it very much.. (Fence in back and not much space in front, because I need it for the pool area)

You don't have to worry about buried posts here because there is a feature that those folks answering you use when they return to the forum: New Posts by date

This allows everyone to keep up with the new posts on the board.

Also people posting to help you are able to view: Your posts (another sorting option like New Posts by date & View unread posts). This option allows everyone responding to various threads the ability to keep up with all their active ones and see posts/ questions/ comments posted.

:)

They are professional here, they will see you regardless how far down it gets on the list and answer you :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.