Problem with Jandy Aquapure

poolneophyte

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Long Island, NY
Hello All,

I apologize in advance if this is long winded but I want to review the problem and the steps I have taken. I have a Jandy PureLink power center that is about 4 years old. Last pool season, I started getting a couple of sensor error messages that went away after cleaning with a Scotchbrite pad per Jandy's instructions. This year, I again started getting sensor error messages 172 & 185 and could not get them to go away by cleaning the sensor. I ran the front board tests with the tri-sensor unplugged and got the following results: Salinity 3.3 (should be 2.8), pool temp 74 (should be 75) and H-Temp 91 (should be 91). The Jandy troubleshooting guide mentions that the salinity reading may be off if it was ever calibrated and that you shouldn't condemn the front board based on this reading. Since I had the old style white sensor, I took a chance and purchased a new black epoxy sensor that comes with the Tri-sensor adapter board. I installed the new sensor w/ adapter board and continued to get strange temperatures and salinity readings at the user interface. I then purchased a new front board and installed it yesterday. The new front board has firmware version 02110A10 which requires the jumper on the tri-sensor adapter board to be removed. With the new front board and the new black epoxy sensor, the pool temperature and salinity readings appear to be accurate. The problem that I am currently having is that the flow signal is intermittent. The tri-sensor adapter board has a pushbutton that you press after the pump is running and stabilized to calibrate the flow sensor. My old flow sensor worked even down to very slow pump speeds. Now, I can't seem to calibrate the sensor to keep the flow light illuminated.

So, I am asking any Jandy experts out there what I should try next. Other than the Aquapure user interface, I have replaced all parts of the SWG system. What do I do know? I may try to plug my old sensor back in to see if that works. Should I try it with or without the tri-sensor adapter board? All advice will be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried starting the system on high speed and let it run for a while to see if the flow problems go away? My old sensor never had a problem starting on low speed, but the new sensors all had a problem when starting on low speed. I now start on high speed for 1/2 hour then switch to low speed and everything works fine when I do this.

I'll give your suggestion a try. I spoke with Jandy tech support and they said that my cell must be dirty and that is what is causing a flow issue. I have a Flow-vis flow meter installed on my system and know that the flow is at least 40GPM even when running at slow speed. I will follow Jandys advice and clean the cell even though I doubt it has anything to do with the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.