SE TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have an algae problem I need to get rid of. I have read the how to on how to do this but first have a question on whether I can get away without shocking (more curiosity than anything, and saves me a trip to the pool store)

I have a 19,000 gal vinyl pool and a SWG for a 45,000 pool. I normally run it on 10-20%

I saw some cloudiness on Friday and kicked it up to 100%. Yesterday I did a set of tests, numbers are below:

FC 10ppm
TA 80
CYA 70
PH 7.8
no CC

I had the SWG running at 100% all day, this morning my FC is up to 14 ppm, with no CC. If I just keep running the SWG until I get about 20 ppm will that do what I need for the algae, or is too slow of an increase? I read in the how to that a SWG will not get the chlorine high enough slowly, I just don't understand if I can get my FC up high enough that will be good enough.

thanks

It might work if the algae hasn't taken a good grip.the prob is it can't keep up with the demand Other wise turn it off and get some bleach or 12.5% liquid chlorine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

A SWG is designed to add chlorine slowly and uniformly. Shocking requires raising the FC level as quickly as possible. When shocking you should add chlorine manually to achieve your shock level target. During shocking, you can use the SWG to supplement manual chlorine additions, but not to replace them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.