Anyone have the GLI Gerano liner?

Jun 29, 2013
Hi. I just ordered my pool liner and I have until Monday to change my mind on the color. I find it exceptionally difficult to picture what a pool will look like once the liner is in. I ordered the Gerano liner by GLI today. I had a lot of trouble picking a liner, and I'm afraid that I might have gone too dark with the color. I don't want a dark pool, but was hoping the grey and blue combination would make the water rich, but not dark. Does anyone have this liner? Do you like it? Is it dark? Can you share a picture? Also, I wasn't sure about the top border, so I ordered it with no border, but now I'm second guessing that too..

Thanks for any advice,
Sarah

The thread with the gerano liner is mine! I absolutely love the liner!! If you want I can take pictures in the sun and cloudy! Choosing a liner is always difficult and this is our second pool, and both times we stressed over it for weeks! It's not too dark- our last one was a really deep blue- the water was beautiful but just too dark for me. This liner basically represents the gray plaster- I think it's close...

tatertot09 I would love more pictures. I am just starting my research with the intention of getting installed either in the fall with completion next April or I will be the first to go next year. I want to have everything planned by the fall.

I am also Curious about your 3 lights, I am planning use the 5G and my PB said one is enough, I saw on the other thread you put in 3 staggered on the sides. My pool will also be about 20X40 so I am curious if you are happy with 3 lights or if you think 1-2 would have done it.

Great looking pool and house!!!!!!

Thanks tatertot09 (although I don't call them tater tots, I call them potato puffs. Haha). Your pool and house are gorgeous. I love the liner in your pool and feel great about my decision after seeing your pictures!! It is exactly what I was looking for! I also considered the tan liner, but was worried that I would grow tired of the green water. I would love to see some more pictures. What color decking did you put with it? Also, I ordered it with no border. Before seeing your pictures, I thought the border was so dark, that if the pool was darker than I had hoped, the border might farther darken the pool. After seeing your pictures, I want to call the pool company and add the border, but apparently I did too good of a job convincing my husband to go without a border that he doesn't want to add it back on. Do you think it would look okay without a border? Thanks so mucho for your pictures and input. It was hard to make a decision when I had never seen the liner in a pool.

Thanks for the compliments!!

Carnut- I completely recommend 3 lights! Although how does the pool sit in relation to your sitting area? You really want to make sure the lights don't face the house or your sitting area, we planned it so only one light faces our sitting area but mostly blocked by the hot tub! I took some pictures of the pool tonight- first time we have seen it with the lights on!! Love the looks!!

image by cdsdeg, on Flickr

TSq- thank you so much!! We are doing a dark golden color stamped concrete with cantilever (spelling?) coping with a dark release to accent the stamps. I will make sure to take some pictures once they pour the concrete! We are just waiting for the stucco to be complete! Truthfully I am not a huge fan of no boarder mainly because I feel it looks a little unfinished with out the boarder but it is truly all personal opinion when it comes to that!

Here is the last picture looking from the house that I snapped tonight!

image by cdsdeg, on Flickr

Thank you for the Pics, mine will be going the length of the house so I guess I could do one in the Deep end and another in the shallow end facing each other???

I am assuming you like the Intellibrites?

tatertot09 said:
Love the intellibrites! You could do it that way! What type of steps are you going to have? That would make a big impact in the shallow end of light placement!

Funny you mention that, it is not something I even thought about it. Now that you bring that up I am having Poured Concrete Roman steps so my idea will not work. I think I am going to do 3 like you and another one for the Spa.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Three lights in a pool that size is great light. And Tater has put them in the best configuration to provide even lighting. We have two on the house side and wouldn't have wanted one on the opposite side due to the distraction of seeing the light (no spa to block it). Two is pretty nice though and I have no distress not having three. But don't discount the annoyance factor of facing the light. Lights at opposite ends do light things evenly but you'll probably always be looking at one or both.

I agree that the Gerano liner does give the same water appearance as our gray plaster...beautiful and not too dark.

Hey there tatertot09, kinda trying to revive an old thread here. Getting ready to start a build of our own and going through the painstaking process of picking out a liner. I really like the Gerano liner and I'm wondering how you feel about it a year later.

We are doing a 16x38 rectangle with a tanning shelf. Do you think the color will look good in the shallow shelf? it will be 12 inches of water. My wife is worried it is a little dark but neither one of us like the really blue liners. I was looking at tan but the PB talked us out of it because he says it will look green and we won't like that.

Thanks in advance for any update. Beautiful home by the way!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.