Considering going to stenner pump system

mfwade

Jul 1, 2011
Hagerstown, MD
Thanks to JimBoAZ and the great deal offered over at USWaterSystems.com, I am finally considering going with a stenner pump system for injecting my daily chlorine dosage. One of the options is a tube size of 1/4" or 3/8". What is the consensus of the forum? I am assuming 3/8" however, I can plumb it either way. Also, since I use less than a gallon per day, which model is preferred, the 45MPHP2 or the 45MHP2?

I will also be adding in a gray tank (7.5 or 15 gallon, your thoughts?) and rain roof with this purchase as well.

Also, preferred method of setting it up, (timer, automation, etc.)? My pool pump runs 24 hours a day. I ran extra wires in the power feed conduit so I can split off other receptacles if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Marvin

You want the 1/4" tubing size. No use going with the larger tubing.
Go with the high pressure pump. The only difference is that you get the injection check valve with the HP pump.
Go with the 15 gallon tank. It'll last you about a month or more and you'll have to fill the 7½ gallon one every two weeks.
I'd hook it to it's own timer so you can adjust the run time to whatever you need it to be.

Bama said it all. Once you have it dailed in, its a pretty much "set it and forget it" system. I have played around a little bit on the timer. But it is nice just to fill the 15 gallon once every 45 days or so and not worry about it. I just don't have the time to manually dose it everday...and it would scare me to forget it once. It is worth the ~$225..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.