Chlorine sale

Aug 14, 2012
Hi I was just wondering if this is a cheap buy, 8$ for 1 box of sodium hypochlorite 12.6% there are four 1 gallon in a box, I'm thinking of getting more, but my says its expensive. Thank for any reply. Al

SRWillis said:
Sounds like a great price. I've been buying 12.5% from Menard's for $10/case of four and thought that was a very good price. Where are you getting it for $8?

If you watch Menard's ads, they sometimes have the cases BOGO in mid-May.

JohnT said:
SRWillis said:
Sounds like a great price. I've been buying 12.5% from Menard's for $10/case of four and thought that was a very good price. Where are you getting it for $8?

If you watch Menard's ads, they sometimes have the cases BOGO in mid-May.

Thanks for the tip, I'll be on the lookout next year. We just got our pool, so I need all the help I can get!

Biggest potential problem is that high strength chlorine degrades rapidly in heat. Freshness is important as are storage conditions. Closeout bargains can be less than they appear if the strength is lower than expected. Try some and see if it reacts as you expect compared to standard bleach.

Sent via Tapatalk...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We don't seem to have many options for liquid chlorine in Oklahoma, I found some at ACE hardware for $4.49 a gal but it's only 10%! Bleach seems to cost more here also, I get the 3 pack of Clorox at Sams for $9.00 a box, that's still $3.00 per gal. What do you other Okies out there do for chlorine?

Like2lean, I am in Yukon and just go to WalMart.....I think it is like 3.50 per gallon. I don't use that much so once a week I get a gallon, maybe two. Will start checking around though, you have sparked my interest.

I will say, if freshness is a concern, never had any issues with weak bleach from my local WalMart.

Bob E.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.