The pixel limit can stay the same while allowing an increase kb's. The avatars would not be any larger and graphics can still be banned from sigs.

I've been Admin on three boards running phpBB and it is an option. I just tried to upload a 100x66 pixel avatar but it was rejected because it was 9.11kb. :roll:

I do, however, repect the owner's right to run the board as he/she sees fit.

My avatar, which is fairly large and full of detail, is under 3K. Any graphics program which supports export to the web should be able to get your avatar down under 5K without any visible loss of detail.

JasonLion said:
My avatar, which is fairly large and full of detail, is under 3K. Any graphics program which supports export to the web should be able to get your avatar down under 5K without any visible loss of detail.

Jason, any particular graphics program you like? I've tried exporting one to the web using Photoshop, and it didn't reduce the size much at all.

I use Adobe Photoshop. Their export to the web using JPEG format gives you a tremendous amount of control over the file size. You may need to fiddle with the settings a little to find a good compromise between size and quality.

I'm on a couple of message boards that, when you upload the pic you want as an avatar from your own hard drive (or a site like Photobucket), the site will adjust the size for you, for you to use on the board. Have you heard of that? Is that possible here?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's not a feature, but I may create an avatar gallery for users to use pre-set avatars if they don't want to or have trouble uploading their own.

Resizing is a very simple task though. I use PS elements and it only takes a second. It also be done with MS Paint and virtually any other graphics software.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.