Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I just have to tell someone about my dream!

1. Back To Top    #1

I just have to tell someone about my dream!

I had a dream (nightmare) the other night that my sparkling clean pool started to turn green and instead of using chlorine to clean it up, I was using hardboiled eggs :P ! I have no idea where I got that from, but I woke up kinda scared that I dumped eggs into my pool! Thank goodness it was only a dream and my pool is still clean and sparkly (and egg free)!

Just thought I would share. Have a good day everyone!!
    33' x 54" AG 29,000 gal, 1.5 HP Hayward Pump, Cartridge Filter, Pool Rover Robot, devoted follower of the BBB method!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Hardboiled eggs????
    Didn't you learn anything in Pool School - NEVER use hard boiled eggs, only fresh farm raised brown Grade A eggs (preferrably large) should be used in pools.

3. Back To Top    #3

I know, right! What was I thinking!
    33' x 54" AG 29,000 gal, 1.5 HP Hayward Pump, Cartridge Filter, Pool Rover Robot, devoted follower of the BBB method!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Maybe the nightmare stemmed from years of using pucks??

too funny!!!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

5. Back To Top    #5

Oddly enough, the science behind the dream is that an egg' shell is mostly calcium.
    - Adding calcium to the water will cause the water to turn cloudy and contribute to high TDS.
    - As the egg cracks, the egg whites are 7.8 - 8.0 pH, making the strength of any chlorine in the water less effective (with higher pH levels).
    - The resulting egg white and yoke introduces bacteria. The bacteria aid the yuckies in growing, which can lead to algae.
    - uh....

OK, not too funny. I was looking to find the 6 degrees of separation...but only found the three.

Circleranch ... funny post! Must be "Life on a ranch" huh?
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

6. Back To Top    #6

Eggs??

Silly, you should have been using DUCK eggs.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

7. Back To Top    #7

Poolsean-yeah, "Life on a ranch", but we don't actually have horses or anything (unless you count my moose of a German Shepherd Dog!). We do have 2 fish ponds though and hubby is a pretty good fish wrangler!

8. Back To Top    #8
    rofl... at the dream, and the science behind it =p
    I really can see the bottom of my pool now!
    13,500 gallons
    AG 24ft Round
    Vinyl
    Sand Filter
    I will be a pro soon :wink: