pool steps to replace ladder

Jun 29, 2013
I bought a house with an fiberglass pool, 2 ladders that are starting to show rust.
A set of steps would be great but wonder if I can use above ground steps. They seem to be less expensive.
It is a matter of attaching them to concrete? And fitting flat on pool floor?

----------------------------
IG, Fiberglass - 11,000g, cartridge Hayward 1100 -1.5 hp, at least 20+years old.

Welcome to tfp, julia2014 :wave:

It seems like that could work. You may want to put a liner protector (large shower mat) under to protect the pool surface. In my agp, I just weigh down the steps with rock and water filled bleach jugs. To anchor the railing to the concrete you may have to drill and put in anchors. Hopefully someone who has done it will chime in.

I have an agp and I weighted my steps down with 5lb hand weighs from walmart that I had in my closet. They were gathering dust. My hubby zip tied them to the inside of the steps. works great. My weights are covered with plastic so they are perfect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.