New pool owner / future install

Mark33

Jun 29, 2013
I’m one of those guys who always resisted getting a pool. Recently we (I) broke down and purchased an Intex easy set, 18 x 48. The product was rather inexpensive and thought I would gamble the $300 to see if I even like a pool.

Needless to say WE LOVE A POOL!

I’m very impressed with this Forum, lots of information and everyone seems so polite, unlike other forums that make you feel stupid.

I intend to use this pool the rest of this season, but looking ahead at next year I’m pretty sure an upgrade in the works.

I’m what I consider pretty handy and not afraid to install a larger pool. The first question is about the foundation. I built an octagon out of 4 inch treated lumber and filled level with masonry sand. I thought about using extruded insulation (comes like .75 to 2.00 inch’s thick and pink).

Reading through the forum, others have used it and wanted to know what they thought about it and wanted some thoughts on the thickness and the foundation material used under it, my thoughts lean towards crushed limestone, even thought about a concrete slab. I’ll use a transit the time, even though I did a pretty good job leveling site.

Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks, Mark

Crush is so much better than sand as a base. As far as foam goes, a lot of people are using it with great results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.