booster pump timer will not keep time

chaspools

Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 11, 2012
Thanks for the help so far. I have had many questions answered by sifting through posts.
I have two Intermatic 104 timers. One for the filter pump, one for the polaris booster. I want the pool to run 8am-8pm and the polaris to run 11am-1pm. I have line1 going to screw 1 on the filter pump timer, then going to screw 1 on the booster pump timer. Line2 going to screw 3 on the filter timer, then running to screw 3 on the booster pump timer. Screws 2 and 4 go to the filter and booster pump. Both timers are relatively new and seem to be keeping time correctly. The booster timer kept the correct time for a few weeks, then all of a sudden did not and burned out the seals on the booster pump. Is this wired correctly? Is there a way to prevent the booster pump from coming on when the filter pump is not on? Thanks for the thoughts

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

The way you have it wired sounds correct to me ... but I do not understand why one would have lost time and then resulted in the motor problems.

One way to have a safe guard would be to supply one leg of the power to the booster timer from the load side of the filter timer.
I think the clock runs off screw 3. So run LINE2 to screw 3 in the filter time and to screw 3 in the booster timer. Then run LINE1 only to screw 1 in the filter timer. Then run a wire from screw 2 in the filter timer to the screw 1 in the booster timer. Leave the filter and booster hooked up to screws 2 and 4 in their respective timers.

I "think" that the booster timer will run no problem off the screw 3 line power. And then the booster will only have both legs of power fed when the filter pump is actually on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.