Northern California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I picked up an Intex 2650 sand filter for my AGP a few months ago. Its been running well, but this morning I realized its running with really low flow. I turned the pump off, and move it to recirculate and turned it back on to see if it was the pump or something else. The flow almost doubled (used unscientific method of feeling the inbound flow with my hand). I turned the pump off again, move the valve to filter, turn it on again and the flow cut way down again. My pump pressure is a bit low maybe 8 psi (usually runs closer to 10). Should I backwash this thing? What am I missing?

Thanks!
--Jonathan

Wow, okay, so flow has tripled now (unscientific method used again). I thought I was supposed to wait until the pressure gauge increased by 10 PSI over normal. Whats the deal here? When SHOULD I backwash my filter.

Thanks again guys!
--Jonathan

jspeacock1978 said:
Wow, okay, so flow has tripled now (unscientific method used again). I thought I was supposed to wait until the pressure gauge increased by 10 PSI over normal. Whats the deal here? When SHOULD I backwash my filter.

Thanks again guys!
--Jonathan
Backwash & rinse when the psi increases 20 to 25% above clean pressure reading.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.